Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Friend (I hope)

I made an interesting friend today, supose he is still an aquaintence at the moment. Started talking to the guy, who is called David by the way, who lives just at the end of my street. Started talking today about my old fasioned sledge as I walked past his house in the very heavy snow that we have had up here this morning. Anyways turns out he has spent years working in tellevision independently. He seemd pleased to be spaking with someone who was into a similar subject. Anywho of the manny things we talked about, predominantly film and software he told me that I should deffinetly have a look at the film Nocturne. A short film shot on a DSLR, the point being that technology has advanced so far that we can now shoot footage of a similar quality to "Raw film cameras" (I hope I have got my terminology correct their). He mad a point of explaning that the opening sequence of "Slum Dog Millionair" was shot with a stills camera in order to avoid having expensive camera equipment damaged or stolen in the rough slumms that they fillmed in. In David's opinnion this will be a great aid to some film makers reducing the amount of equipment that they need to take with them especial if they are filming in remote regions. I believe he feels that this is the way that our tecnology is changing and that the quality of footage obtained by these still image cameras is simply amasing.
Also, an interesting competition starting in a few days that cannon has set up. I bellieve that it will run for about 8 months.
Oh and bellow are some shots of the snow that I was talking about today.

No comments: