Tuesday 5 January 2010

More Advice

I would just like to make a note of some of the advice I got from Dave today. First off he mentioned a U.S website where people are able to post stings that small companies can buy and use, I am not sure if they are intended for broadcast, online use or for internal promotion, however the idea is that you create a generic ident that any company could use, allowing them to either add small changes or leaving them space to add their own images and logo. The idea being that you create this without any brief but sell it for around $10, however you have the right to sell it to as manny people as possible. He gave example of some selling in excess of 300 coppies, which would make a tidy proffit for the designer.
Anyway as well as being a useful piece of informatio (I just have to finde the site now) this stressed the point that it is important for me to know what my customer wants out of the designe. What do bussinesses want.

No comments: