Friday 13 November 2009

Bradford Animation Festival 2009

Ok, so the title of this post is slightly misleading. I went to the festival with the intention of only attending one single workshop. I went in this morning for the scriptwriting workshop with
"Alan Gilbey". His class had been recommended to me and was expected to sell out very quickly. Unfortunately that was not the case today as only a few places had been booked, in addition Alan was not feeling to well. So unfortunately the class was cancelled. However Allen helped me get into some of the other events that were taking place today, free of charge. I have also been invited back tomorrow to for another opportunity to attend the script writing class.

The other events that were on today that I managed to get into were "Mette Peters" Dutch Retrospective, which introduced me to some work that I have never even heard of before and which was very interesting.

In addition I managed to gain access (with the help of some cheeky volunteers at the event) to "Priit Parn in conversation with Chris Robinson" event, although Chris Robinson was not able to make it in today so Paull Wells took his place speaking to Priit instead. We were shown some clips of Priits work as well as a complete showing of his recent (I think 2008) piece entitled
"Life Without Gabriella Ferri". I will talk more about how I felt about this piece very soon.
Infact I will make a larger post summing up all the notes I took whilst I was their.

No comments: