Saturday 17 October 2009

Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrylic

Today I spent a good chunk of my time getting my scanner and graphics tablet installed correctly (it took me a lot longer than it should have). They are both working well so I moved onto my next task. I wanted to better familiarize myself with adobe illustrator so set myself the task of completing a tutorial I pulled out of “Computer Arts” magazine.
I found this tutorial for creating ornate lettering while rooting around in my universities library. It stood out to me immediately so I figured id give it a go. The tutorial was created by a chap called “Jeff Finley” who co-owns “Go Media”, theirs some great typography on his page, he also links to a lot of work by other people that he recommends.

Anywhoo I quickly sketched out the words that I wanted to convert (I am afraid I took a little bit to much influence from Jeff Finley’s original design) Speed was the name of the game today (hence the shameless copying) but here is the typography I sketched out. I got round to drawing round it all in Illustrator but have moved on to other tasks before finishing it.


I also followed a quick tutorial I found on “Tutorialzied” however I didn’t take enough care in following it properly and mine looks a little rough.


I also rattled off the makings of a quick storyboard today, I aim to produce vast numbers of these by Christmas just as a way of getting as many ideas on to paper as possible. It is a simple introduction to the Super Barrio character.


Anyhow tomorrow I cant see myself doing to much work (perhaps a little in the morning) as I am popping over to Huddersfield for a games session, well it is Sunday.

Anyway before I turn in for the night here are a couple of Images of Super barrio I have created, on the covers of my two note pads just so I always have the subject on my mind.





No comments: